Kentucky Cover Lovers Quilt Guild
Date: July 23, 2018
Location: Stratton Community Center
215 Washington Street
Shelbyville, KY 40065
President Terryl Allen called the meeting to order at 10:05 a.m. A total of _35_ people were in attendance.
Concerns of Members:
Jane O’Roark fell while moving
Emma Kendall (Linda’s granddaughter)
Opal (Judy’s granddaughter)
Secretary’s Report (Lynn Martin):
• Minutes for the June Cover Lovers meeting were distributed via e-mail June 30, 2018 and were mailed to non-email members with this month’s meeting reminder on June 30, 2018.
Vice President’s Report (Denise Caravona)
• August: Fair report and Demo round table
• September Member Yard Sale
Hug Quilts Report (Lynnette LeGette):
• A total of 4 hug quilts were turned in to Hosparus the month of June.
• Reminder: The size of hug quilts should average 40” x 60”. Quilt tops turned in to Joyce Hameloth, Lynn Martin or Linda Sanford for quilting should have a backing 8” wider and 8” longer than the top and pieced together. The binding committee requests that the binding be cut 2 ½” wide and pieced.
Project of the Month (Jacquelyn McGrail):
8 Project of the months were completed
Retreat (Suzy Wood):
We only have a few spots left for retreat, so see Suzy Wood for more information!
Website we still need someone to take over the site PLEASE!
August 23, 2018 is our day to work at the fair, we still need two people for the 4-6pm spot
QDO needs someone for the charity or the challenge if we want to take one of those areas
Linda Sanford is a finalist in the Fall Paducah Quilt Show, Way to go, Linda!
Bev and Loyce would like some information on new charities for the guild to support.
• Hug Quilts (Lynnette LeGette)
• Binding Committee for Hug Quilts (Ellen Rabeneck)
• Cover Lovers Website
• Special Events (Susie Meagher)
• Special Occasion Cards (Barb Morgan)
• Retreat (11-13 Sep 2018) (Suzy Wood)
• Sit & Sew (Linda Sanford)
*If you would like to serve on one of the above committees, please contact
Terryl Allen firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepared by Lynn Martin June 26, 2018